Purchasing turntables is one of the most exciting moments in the life of a music lover. Vinyl records are the purest form of music, other than actually attending a live show. There is just something special about taking a record out of its sleeve, putting it on the turntable, and lowering the needle. Fortunately for music lovers, the excitement doesn’t have to end there. There are countless accessories you can purchase for your turntables that will impact the way the music sounds to your ear. Here is a list of ten accessories you have to have for your VPI turntables.
1. Cartridges. The cartridge is the item that holds the needle. There are countless varieties of cartridge, varying in everything from color to weight. Each different weight will achieve a unique type of sound, so play around with a few of them before you make any purchasing decisions.
2. Needles. This is perhaps the most important accessory, as it is the part of a turntable that actually touches the record. Needles come in a wide variety of size. Some are great for listening, others are great for scratching the record. Purchase the one that suits your needs.
3. Great speakers. This is crucial to hearing the music. Without the right set of speakers, you might not be achieving the full potential of your turntable. As with most turntable accessories, shop around before you make your final decision.
4. Headphones. A great pair of headphones will allow you to listen to music in a way that you didn’t think possible. Some actually work to cancel out all of the other sounds around you, so that all you are hearing is the record. These are essential for anyone who is making their own music or who has roommates that go to bed early.
5. Headphone amplifiers. These will work to take the sound from the turntable into your headphones. A great headphone amplifier can immensely increase the quality of sound that you hear.
6. Record cleaner. It doesn’t matter if you have a Rega turntable or VPI turntables, it is essential that you buy a record cleaner. No matter how great you take care of your records, they will get some dust on them at one point or another. It is essential to have a record cleaner to make sure you are hearing the highest quality of sound possible.
7. Brushes. These are essential to help you clean records. You need to purchase a record cleaning brush. Any other kind of brush will damage the record.
8. Integrated amplifiers. It is essential to rout your entire sound system through a high end integrated amplifier.
9. HIFI-tuning fuses. These will greatly increase the quality of sound you hear.
10. Disc washing solution. As with the brushes and record cleaner, you must have the proper solution to effectively clean your records.
To ensure that you have all the accessories for your VPI turntables, it is important to find a great company to purchase them from. SoundStage Direct, www.soundstagedirect.com, is one such company. Their incredible inventory makes them a great choice for all of your turntable accessory needs.